Campus DevCon at PUP Taguig
February 22, 2013 @ 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Campus DevCon at PUP Taguig is a gathering at Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Taguig Campus designed to introduce technology topics from key players of the IT community and encourage interactions among students, educators and professionals.
A Campus DevCon has 2 main components:
Lightning Talks (LT)
LTs are very quick presentations delivered with or without auxiliary visual materials. Each speakers has a maximum of 10 minutes to present his idea, including preparation time, self, introduction, Q&A, etc. There are usually 6-8 LTs per Campus DevCon.
Birds of a Feather (BoF)
BoF is an informal debate on tech topics with 3 volunteers from two opposing sides. A BoF panel will judge on who's the best team. Examples of BoF topics are "iOS vs Android", "Does technology improve or harm a person's social life?" and "Windows vs Linux".
Student Org Partner
|1:00-1:10||Opening Remarks by College Dean|
|1:10-1:20||Introduction to DevCon by Alvin Edwald Chan, DevCon Representative|
|4:00-4:30||Birds of a Feather (BoF)|
|4:30-4:40||Closing Remarks by Student Council President|
Register here: http://campusdevconatpuptaguig.eventbrite.com/
Campus DevCon at PUP Taguig Blogging Contest
What's the prize? A Mozilla Firefox sack bag full of items from all sponsors!
- 1 Mozilla Firefox Sack Bag
- 1 BlackBerry Shirt
- 1 SMART Shirt
- 1 DevCon Wrist Lanyard
- 1 Apptivate Shirt
- 1 Mozilla Firefox Baller ID
- 5 Mozilla Firefox Stickers
- 2 Mozilla Firefox Pens
- 2 Mozilla Firefox Button Pins
- 1 Apptivate Prepaid Card
Here is how to join:
1. Contest is open to all Campus DevCon at PUP Taguig participants.
2. Blog must contain the following:
a. Mention of Developers Connect (DevCon) Philippines linked to https://devcon.ph
b. Mention of Mozilla Firefox linked to http://www.mozillaphilippines.org/
c. Mention of SMART Communications, Inc. linked to http://smart.com.ph/
d. Mention of BlackBerry linked to http://ph.blackberry.com/
e. Mention of Apptivate linked to http://www.apptivate.co/
f. Mention of Big Time Show linked to http://bit.ly/watchbts
g. At least three pictures of the event
2. To submit blog entry:
a. Like Facebook page: Facebook.com/DevConPH
b. Follow DevCon Twitter account: twitter.com/DevConPH
c. Send an email to [email protected] with the title "Blog Entry: Campus DevCon at PUP Taguig"
d. Include in the content your complete name, contact number, Facebook account link, Twitter account link and the blog link/s
3. Only one submission per person but there is no limit to the number of blog links per submission.
4. Start of submission is immediately after the event which 22 February 2013 6PM.
5. Deadline of submission is 3 days after the event which is 25 February 2013 6PM.
6. Organizers will judge the winning blog and announce it at the DevCon Facebook page and Twitter account.
7. The organizer will email the winner on how to claim prize.