Campus DevCon at SKSU Isulan
March 11, 2017 @ 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
in partnership with
Campus DevCon at SKSU – Isulan Campus
11 March 2017
Campus DevCon at SKSU – Isulan is a gathering in partnership with Sultan Kudarat State University – Isulan that aims to augment the academic learnings of students with up-to-date trends in the IT industry. The event converges an average of 200 students taking up Computer Science or other IT-related courses.
This Campus DevCon has 3 main components:
Lightning Talks (LT)
LTs are very quick presentations delivered with or without auxiliary visual materials. Each speakers has a maximum of 10 minutes to present his idea, including preparation time, self, introduction, Q&A, etc. There are usually 6-8 LTs per Campus DevCon.
Birds of a Feather (BoF)
BoF is an informal debate on tech topics with 3 volunteers from two opposing sides. A BoF panel will judge on who’s the best team. Examples of BoF topics are “iOS vs Android”, “Does technology improve or harm a person’s social life?” and “Windows vs Linux”.
The hackathon is usually a one-hour competition that requires a team to execute a programming or web activity that results in a work product that can be judged.
DevCon Platinum Partners
- Introduction to DevCon – Jaymar Somosot
- CMS vs Framework – what's the difference by Espiridion Larosa
- AngularJS – Scratching the Surface by Jessie B. Ignacio
- Into the Clouds – W's of cloud computing – Jaymar Somosot
- GIT – Collaborating the right way by Gett Mari Gementiza
* Lightning talk from MSU Professor/students
* Birds of a Feather