Laravel Code Camp (Professionals)
April 8, 2017 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
in partnership with
Laravel Code Camp
8 April 2017 (Saturday)
Laravel Code Camp is a whole day seminar and workshop in partnership with Laravel Philippines that aims to build up development skills in using Laravel PHP Framework. It targets to cater professional PHP developers.
DevCon Quarterly Platinum Sponsor
|8:00 – 9:00||Registration. (Note: Registration closes at 9:30AM)|
|9:00 – 9:10||Welcome Remarks and Intro to DevCon|
|9:10 – 9:30||Partners Talks:|
|9:30 – 10:00||Opportunities in Laravel Development|
|10:05 – 12:00||Workshop|
|12:00 – 1:00||Lunch Break|
|1:00 – 4:00||Workshop|
|4:00 – 5:00||Mini Hackathon|
WORKSHOP TOPICS OUTLINE
The aim of the workshop is for people to be familiar with the basics of Laravel to be able to create a simple about us, home page, and contact page with contact form.
- Install via composer
- Install via laravel.phar
- Install on windows
- Introduction of Laravel Homestead (a linux VM for laravel apps)
II. Laravel App Directory Layout (L5.4) Tour
III. MVC, Modules and Conventions
IV. URL Routing
V. Basic RESTFUL routes
- Database basics: Setup, seeding, migrations.
- How to use the Eloquent ORM
- How do blade templates work for views
- Layout, special commands in blade (such as yield, mixins)
- How to create a view for a simple webform.
- How to create a Controller
- Desire to learn Laravel PHP development
- Basic Command Line knowledge
- Experience with PHP development
- Understanding of basic MVC and OOP.
MACHINE AND SOFTWARE
Linux/ Mac OS Users
Setup latest Apache with Mysql and PHP support. Php 5.3+ is recommended.
The PHP Mcrypt Library is needed to be installed and enabled for PHP. You can install this with apt-get install php5-mcrypt or yum install php5-mcrypt.
Setup composer from https://getcomposer.org/
While the DevCon team loves to conduct workshops that would help you learn new technologies as a community initiative, heads up! There will be no certificates provided for this camp.
1. Be updated for further event announcements:
Follow us on Twitter: @DevConPH
Like the DevCon Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DevConPH
Join the DevCon Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devconph
2. Register only if you are sure to come.