Project Unity (Professionals and Students)
June 20, 2015 @ 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
in partnership with
20 June 2015 (Saturday)
Project Unity is a whole day workshop that aims to explore new unity features, techniques and the latest releases to improve your game. This awesome free event is brought to us by our friends from Microsoft Philippines.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
1. LEARN ABOUT UNITY. Explore new unity features, techniques and the latest releases to improve your game.
2. REWARDS FOR PORTING. All developers who successfully port a game during the event will be invited to demo the game to the audience and will have a chance at winning great prizes.
3. FREE TOOLS. Get free tools to port your Unity apps to Windows phone and Windows Store nearly seamlessly using your existing code. We will also provide Windows 8 and Windows Phone demo devices.
4. CONNECT with Microsoft Evangelist and MVP’s to get answers to your technical questions plus get design guidance and help needed.
Unity is a game development ecosystem: a powerful rendering engine fully integrated with a complete set of intuitive tools and rapid workflows to create interactive 3D and 2D content; easy multiplatform publishing; thousands of quality, ready-made assets in the Asset Store and a knowledge-sharing community.
For independent developers and studios, Unity’s democratizing ecosystem smashes the time and cost barriers to creating uniquely beautiful games. They are using Unity to build a livelihood doing what they love: creating games that hook and delight players on any platform.
Find more @ http://unity3d.com/
DevCon Platinum Partners
8:00 -9:00 AM Registration Note: Registration will be closed at 10AM.
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome Remarks and Intro to DevConPH
9:15 – 9:30 Using Unity IDE
9:30 – 10:00 2D Game: Sprites
10:00 – 10:15 2D Game: Physics
10:15 – 10:30 2D Game: Colliders
10:30 – 10:45 AM SNACKS
10:45 – 11:00 Player Prefs
11:30 – 12:00 3D Game
12:00 – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 – 1:15 Using Azure as Leadboard
1:15 – 1:30 Publishing
1:30 – 2:30 Talk on Azure
2:30 – 3:30 Hands On activities
3:30 – 4:00 Presentation of Games
4:00 – 4:15 PM SNACKS
4:15 – 5:00 Awarding and Closing
Please bring your computer and project to the event and take the following courses prior to the event:
- Porting Unity Games to Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone (http://aka.ms/unitygames)
- Building Windows Store Apps for iOS developers Jump Start (http://aka.ms/jumpstart4iosdev)
- More on App Development (http://aka.ms/application dev)
- Open for Professionals and Students or anyone interested in gaming and Unity.
1. Computers needs to run at least Windows 8 and run Hyper-V
2. Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 or later
3. Unity 4.6 or later
While the DevCon team loves to conduct workshops that would help you learn new technologies as a community initiative, heads up! There will be no certificates provided for this camp.
1. Be updated for further event announcements:
Like the DevCon Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DevConPH
Join the DevCon Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devconph
2. Register here: http://aka.ms/unity0620