Python Code Camp Cebu (Professionals)
March 23 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Python Code Camp Cebu (Professionals) is a whole day workshop that aims to enable professionals to learn more about Python.
II. About the Speaker
- details to follow
III. Program Flow
|8:00AM – 8:30AM||Registration|
|8:30AM – 8:45AM||Welcome Remarks, Intro to DevCon, Briefing of House Rules|
|8:45AM – 9:00AM||Partners Talks|
|9:00AM – 12:00PM||Workshop Proper|
|12:00PM – 1:00PM||Lunch|
|1:00PM – 3:00PM||Workshop Proper – Continuation|
|3:00PM – 5:00PM||Mini Hackathon – a hands-on activity to wrap up Code Camp. Guidelines are provided by the Code Master (i.e. resource speaker)|
- The event requires pre-registration. Signing in on the Eventbrite registration would NOT automatically guarantee slot to the event. Final Confirmation of your slot will be emailed to you.
- Attendee must be already a professional (must have working experience)
- Basic to intermediate programming skill. Basic python knowledge is a plus.
- Bring your own laptop for hands on activities
- Bring your own extension cords especially if you have multiple devices
- Windows, Linux or Mac is allowed.
1. Install Python 3.5. Installer can be found at https://www.python.org, under Download
1. Install brew. In a terminal run:
ruby -e “$(curl -fsSL
2. Install python3. In a terminal run:
brew install python3
1. Install python3. In a terminal run:
sudo apt-get install python3
Additional Software Requirement
- Install pip or easy_install
- For additional information, attendees can consult a more detailed instruction here:
- For windows: https://github.com/BurntSushi/nfldb/wiki/Python-&-pip-Windows-installation
- For mac and linux: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools
V. Dress Code
- No Rubber Sandals, Slip-ons/Slippers, shorts, revealing shorts, revealing tops/shirts
VI. Code of Conduct
- Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Yes! The event is highly recommended to Professionals. Signing up in the event doesn’t guarantee a secured slot. Please wait for the confirmation of your slot. You might be asked by the organizer to present company ID as a proof of identity.
- If I am a successful applicant, can I just NOT show up in the event?
- DevCon events are free and our team prepared it for you to make the event successful, engaging and relevant to your career. Once you receive a confirmation of your slot, we expect you to show up. If in case you can’t attend, be sure to notify us via email at least 3 days before the event. Failure to do so might affect your registration in our future events.
- What can I bring into the event?
- Code Camp involves hands on activities for all participants, please bring your laptop. The organizer will send an email updates at least 2 days before the actual code camp for final reminders.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No need! Just be sure you save your confirmation email or PDF in your mobile phone.
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants Terms & Conditions, read it here.
- I understand that if I violate any Event rule or fail to show up during the assigned schedule of the event I signed up, my slot will be forfeited and my future participation in DevCon events might be on a waitlist specially if I fail to inform the organizers ahead of time that I cannot make it to the event. If I continue to get the slot but don’t show up in the event, there’s a possibility that I will be denied access to DevCon’s future event.
- If selected to be a participant, this grants permission to DevCon to use the participant likeness, name, voice and words in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media, both during and anytime after the events, and in any form, for advertising or communicating the purpose of DevCon.
- In compliance with Data Privacy Law, DevCon will not share your data to third party or company sponsor. Your contact info is safe with us and you can always opt in / opt out of our List. But during the event, expect the company sponsor to ask for your contact info of which you have the full discretion. Please remember however that once you sign up as an event participant in all DevCon events, your email address automatically becomes part of our database wherein you may receive future email announcements, marketing promotions or updates about Devcon. If you wish not to receive any email updates from us, send us an email with a subject “Requesting to Delete My Data in DevCon List” and send to email@example.com or you may check one of the emails sent to you and click Unsubscribe
For updates and upcoming events, follow & tag us!
Be updated for further event announcements:
- Cebu Chapter Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DevConCebu
- Main Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DevConPH
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devconph
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/DevConPH
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/devconph
- Eventbrite: http://devconph.eventbrite.com/
- YouTube: http://youtube.com/DevConPH/DevConPH
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/devconph
About DevCon Code Camps
- These are technical sessions that seek to build up the technology capabilities of our IT professionals and students usually in collaboration with different tech user groups.
- Interested to sponsor or contribute to future events? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org