Python Code Camp Professionals 2019
April 13 @ 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
About DevCon Code Camp
These are technical sessions that seek to build up the technology capabilities of our IT professionals and / or students usually in collaboration with different tech user groups or industry experts.
I. Code Camp Objectives
- To learn how to create a django web application.
- To show what you have learned in the workshop with a hackathon
II. Code Camp event terms
- This event requires pre-registration. Signing in on the Eventbrite registration would NOT automatically guarantee slot to the event. Wait for an email from Devcon Team on how to secure your slot.* Devcon events are free and our team prepared it for you to make the event successful, engaging and relevant to your career. Sad to say, a lot of people sign up in the event but had a bad habit of No-Show, of which we feel bad about it. Let’s all be mindful and professional by informing Devcon if the slot is given to you and you suddenly can’t make it for some reasons, inform us 3 days before the event so we can open the slot to waitlisted. Let’s build a culture of honor and respect. That’s cool, isn’t it?
III. About the Speaker/s
- Speaker’s Name: Sony Valdez
- Short Bio: Sony is a freelance programmer specializing in Python. He is a current board member of Python Philippines. He plays video games and is completely harmless.
- Workshop Topic: Django Web Developement Quickstart
Part 1: Python Review
Part 2: Django
Part 3: Hackathon
- 8:00am – 8:30am Registration (Note: Registration will be closed at 9.30 AM.)
- 8:30am – 8:45am Welcome Remarks, Briefing of House Rules and Devcon Introduction
- 8:45am – 9:05am Sponsor Talk by Accenture
- 9:05am- 9:10 am Venue Partner talk by Recruitday
- 9:10 am- 12:00nn Code Camp Proper
- 12:00nn – 1:00pm Lunch (1 hour)
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Code Camp Proper – Continuation
- 3:00pm – 3:10pm Snacks
- 3:10PM – 4:30PM Mini-Hackathon – a hands-on activity to wrap up Code Camp, max of 2 hours, guidelines are provided by the Code Camp Speaker (i.e. resource speaker)
- 4:30pm – 4:45pm Awarding: Bestowal of Appreciation to the speaker; announcement of winners
- 4:45pm- 5:00pm Post Workshop Evaluation and Developer Survey, additional announcements
- Group Photo
V. Attendee Requirements
- Attendee must be already a professional (at least 2 years working experience)
- Bring your own laptop
- Bring your own extension cords especially if you have multiple devices
VI. Machine Requirements:
- to follow
VII. Software Requirements:
- Python 3 installed
- Django installed via ‘pip install django’
VIII. Dress Code
- Smart casual attire. Strictly no shorts, no slippers, no spaghetti strap, and the like.
IX. Code of Conduct – must read!
- While the DevCon team loves to conduct workshops that would help you learn new technologies as a community initiative, heads up! There will be no certificates provided for this camp.
I signed up in the Eventbrite, does it mean my slot is reserved for me?
This event requires pre-registration. Signing in on the Eventbrite registration would NOT automatically guarantee slot to the event. Wait for an email from Devcon Team on how to secure your slot.
Devcon events are free and our team prepared it for you to make the event successful, engaging and relevant to your career. Sad to say, a lot of people sign up in the event but had a bad habit of No-Show, of which we feel bad about it. Let’s all be mindful and professional by informing Devcon if the slot is given to you and you suddenly can’t make it for some reasons, inform us 3 days before the event so we can open the slot to waitlisted. Let’s build a culture of honor and respect. That’s cool, isn’t it?
If I am a successful applicant, can I just NOT show up in the event?
We expect you to show up. If in case you can’t attend, be sure to notify us via email at least 3 days before the event. Failure to do so will affect your next registration in our future events. And yes, Devcon has full discretion to decline a person’s participation if we prove that he has violated our Event Participation Terms and Condition .
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject: Cancellation of my slot in
How many slots are allocated per event?
Maximum of 40 seats are given to participants. Only those who received confirmation of their slot from the organizers will be given priority of seats during the event. SHOW UP ON TIME on the day of the event, first come, first serve. Be early, registration for those who Pre-registered starts at 8:00 am until 9:30 am only. Walk ins will be accommodated after.
Are there ID or minimum skills requirements to enter the event?
Yes! The event is highly recommended to Professionals. You might be asked by the organizer to present company/school ID as proof of identity.
What can I bring into the event?
Code Camp involves hands on activities for all participants, please bring your laptop. The organizer will send an email updates at least 3 days before the actual code camp for final reminders.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No need! Just be sure you save your confirmation email in your mobile phone.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Send email to email@example.com
Participants Terms & Conditions, read it here.
- I understand that if I violate any Event rule or fail to show up during the assigned schedule of the event I signed up, my slot will be forfeited and my future participation in DevCon events might be on a waitlist specially if I fail to inform the organizers ahead of time that I cannot make it to the event. If I continue to get the slot but don’t show up in the event, there’s a possibility that I will be denied access to DevCon’s future event.
- If selected to be a Participant, this grants permission to DevCon Summit to use the Participant likeness, name, voice and words in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media, both during and anytime after the events, and in any form, for advertising or communicating the purpose of DevCon Summit.
- In compliance with Data Privacy Law, DevCon will not share your data to third party or Company Sponsor. Your contact info is safe with us and you can always Opt In / Opt Out in our List. But during the event, expect the company sponsor to ask for your contact info of which you have the full discretion. Please remember however that once you sign up as an event participant in all Devcon events, your email address automatically becomes part of our database wherein you may receive future email announcements, marketing promotions or updates about Devcon. If you wish not to receive any email updates from us, send us an email with a subject “Requesting to Delete my Data in Devcon List” and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
For updates and upcoming events, Follow & tag us!
Facebook Page: DevCon Philippines
Facebook Group: DevCon Philippines
LinkedIn: DevCon Philippines